Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gym Climbing

While the snow is sitting on the ground and the chances of me being able to travel anywhere are out of the question I have been spending more and more time in the gym. It makes sense considering I do a lot of my climbing during my lunch hour or on a cold Thursday night.

Within the last month I've started focusing more on routes. While in my heart I am still a boulderer, I don't particularly enjoy it in the gym. I'm not very good at it and I haven't seen any real progression in the last year and a half or so. Thus, I've turned my focus to clipping bolts. Not only is it fun and helping me with endurance (which I have little of), but it's really nice to watch myself make significant steps forward, something I haven't seen in my climbing life in quite some time.

In just under a month I've gone from redpointing mid-11s to now where I've redpointed two 12Bs and on-sighted several 12- climbs. I hope to hit 13a by the time its warm enough to get back outside.

We'll see.

No comments: