Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Good Week

It's been a long race and adventure season. I'm currently in rest and relaxation mode. I am running when it sounds fun (which is nearly every day), but I'm not training and therefore not pushing very hard. I spend most days out either summiting peaks right out of the valley or doing casual runs with friends on local trails. It's been physically and mentally refreshing and I'm really starting to sense a return of my speed and endurance in association with healthy joints and muscles. I've gained a little weight, but I' noticed that's typical for this time of the year and I plan to carry that weight into next Spring, at which time I'll slim down slightly to my race weight.

In the last couple of weeks I've hit up a few peaks, taken a bunch of pictures and made two videos. All are below. Enjoy.


In the last two weeks I've run View Benchmark peak three times, two of those with Scott. Yesterday was the best day in regards to weather and beauty on the trail. It was just incredible.

Last week Scott and I ran Wire Peak, something I haven't done in a long time. It was a crazy day with recent snow and low-lying clouds. I took along the POV cam and it was well worth it. Check out this short video about our run.


Just two days later Scott and I made an attempt on Grandeur Peak. Trail conditions were less than ideal, but the day couldn't have been more fun.


Great couple of weeks overall. I'm hoping the weather holds for another week or two and I can get onto some of the upper peaks before the deeper snow comes. Wish me luck.

No comments: