Sunday, June 23, 2013

Peak Bagging

by Craig

My next few events and major outings all have a killer ton of vert in them. I already have some solid base mileage, so why not take advantage of the conditions in the Wasatch and do a bunch peaks. I get the workout I need and I get to summit some of the best mountains around,

Matt and I attempted to tackle the difficult Super Beatout hike - a 20ish mile long ridge with 11 peaks in total, 10 of which are over 11,000 ft elevation. While we were unable to complete the whole traverse as we ran out of time, we did do 7 of the peaks and had a great time in the process. Instead of boring you with words I'll just summarize with a bunch of photos and a video. The pics aren't in any real order of how we traveled, sorry.

 Sitting on top of the 2nd American Fork Twin

 Jumping across rocks on the scary AF Twins ridge

 Matt hitting the top of the first AF Twin

 Technical downclimbing on Devil's Castle

 Running down Mt Baldy's west ridge

 The technical traverse from Hidden Peak to the AF Twins

 Standing atop Mt Baldy

 Matt making his way up Red Baldy. Red Top Mountain in the background

 Sugarloaf. Devil's Castle in the background

 Just before summitting Devil's Castle

 The exposure is awesome

Running out White Pine


No comments: