Friday, September 27, 2013

End of a Season

It's now Autumn and for me race season is officially over. Snow has begun to settle on the upper peaks of the Wasatch, the Uintas are certainly socked in by now, and my plans for the next few months are based around helping a friend on an adventure run and cruising local trails.

The last few weeks since Wasatch have been a lot of fun. I've spent most of my days finding my way to the tops of Wasatch peaks, some repeats, but a few new ones too. I thought I'd share some photos and words from my recent adventures.

Up Tibble Fork on the way to Mt Baldy

Looking back down Tibble Fork and a beautiful sunrise

Cruising down the east ridge of Mt Baldy

Helping prepare for a race on Dugway Proving Grounds

On the course

Running Box Elder Peak

On the summit. Super windy

One of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen

Running back down to the trailhead

There were other runs - a trip up the Pfeifferhorn, two days cruising Corner Canyon trails, and a few other casual runs. This is how I can only hope the rest of the year will go for me. Happy trails everyone!

No comments: