Monday, June 2, 2014

Zion and the Wasatch

by Craig

This blog has been neglected for a while now. It would be easiest to say that it is likely due to the fact that I've been busy with work and family. Or that I've been injured and not running. All are pretty good excuses. Fortunately, the reason for which I haven't posted is far better - I've simply been running.

The Wasatch is melting out and the upper trails are slowly becoming available. The lower trails are also covered in flowers and aren't dusty yet, so they are fast and pretty. I've been ramping up my miles and maxing out my enjoyment, either solo or with friends. It's been a beautiful Spring and worth taking advantage of.

I also had the pleasure of traversing Zion with a few friends a couple of weeks ago. It was my third full crossing. Zion never ceases to disappoint and I loved every step. Below are several pictures from the last several weeks. I hope they reflect the enjoyment I've had on the trails.

Battle Creek Falls

Big Baldy summit

Coming into Hopp Valley - Zion NP

Heading to the West Rim trail - Zion NP

Zion, from Angel's Landing

On the Dude Peak ridge

Almost to Rudy Flat

Somewhere in Bountiful

No comments: