Monday, August 15, 2011

Quest for King's 2011

Well, the third annual Quest for King's Marathon is in the bag. We had close to 15 people show up this year, all of whom had a great experience, or so I hear. I wasn't there.

The day before the race I ended up having to take my son to the hospital. It turned out to be the right choice because what we thought was only slightly serious turned out to be quit serious. He is still here and will continue to be here for up to a couple more weeks with a surgery in there somewhere.

I've read several reports from the race, however, and everyone reported they had a great time. You can read several of them here: Aaron K (winner), Scott W, Matt V, Josh, and Mr. Crockett himself.

Next year I plan to not only be there, but even have it a little more organized. I'd like to try and get most everyone gathered the night before, have a big bonfire and just socialize and enjoy the time we all have together. Then the next day have a proper start and something at the finish to welcome everyone back. But that will have to wait. For now my focus is on my son.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and ran. I'm glad everyone was safe and had a good time. Pics to come in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting everyone out there to run. I had a great time. Hopefully your kid's doing better.