Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day to Day

Ever since I ran my 50k I've been pretty worked. I thought I was recovering well and had put in some good miles as of Friday. But when I planned my run for Saturday I kept having this nagging feeling that I was pushing myself a little too much and that it would be a risky run. So after giving it some serious thought all day on Friday I finally decided to cancel my 16 mile run on Saturday and just rest my body. Now that it is Sunday and I've had a full two days of rest I know for sure that it was the right decision. I really needed the rest.

Even with the good mileage this week I was still able to fit in some other activities. Along with climbing Grandeur on Monday, I went bouldering on Wednesday and Friday. It has been a while since I last climbed, so it was really nice to get out with friends. Surprisingly, I was still pretty strong. I didn't try anything difficult, but I did send several V4s and V5s. More than anything it was just nice to spend time with friends that I haven't seen in a while. I think we'll get out a couple more times this week.

Training will be pretty easy this week as I have a 8k trail race on Saturday that has some pretty serious climbing in it. I'm hoping to do even better than the last race I did in this series. And even more importantly, I am hoping to win something good in the raffle. No matter what, it will be a lot of fun.

No comments: