Monday, February 13, 2012

First Week in February

I've been sick. Not very cool. I had a great start to the week with back-to-back ascents of View Benchmark, my standard trail run for early in the week. In fact, Monday I did a solo evening ascent under a full moon with no headlamp. I get a little freaked out running in the dark in the mountains by myself, and it's compounded when I don't have a lamp turned on (I did have one with me), but I was able to still have a great time and really enjoy having the peak and the trails to myself. On Tuesday I did a follow-up run to the summit with Matt and Scott during work. This time we started at Red Rock trailhead and went up Potato Hill to Ann's. Running up that side was really muddy, much worse than coming up west Ann's. I think that trail will have to be off the list unless it's snow covered or dry. Anything in between would be an absolute mess. The good part about that run was that I was in shorts and a thin long sleeve shirt. It has now snowed twice since those days so I doubt I'll get another run in like that for a while. I spent the rest of the week down with a severe cold. I actually had no desire to do anything other than just lay around like a sack of potatoes. I'm feeling much better tonight and looking forward to getting out again this evening.

1 comment:

clark said...

I have done that run twice in the past 2 weeks since finding your blog. Great run, with a nice "summit" reward. Corner Canyon is my usual playground, but was surprised to come across a pack (4?) of coyotes last Friday morning. They seemed a bit angry. Yeah, I suppose running by myself is not always the best thing to do...