Sunday, February 5, 2012

What a Week!

Wow, now that is how a week of running should go. Peaks, long runs, the Wasatch AND St George, and more fun running around the desert acting like idiots than anyone should be able to have.

Early in the week I got to hit two peaks; my weekly trip up View Benchmark and then a trip around the Grandeur Loop. Both days went really well and I climbed strong, even if I didn't feel all that hot when I went up VB. The conditions were pretty good on VB though, at least until we came down near the car where it had warmed up and gotten muddy. That being said, it was brilliant to watch Matt go down and get caked in mud. Then running an early morning loop on Grandeur is a great way to start the day. The trail was snow covered the whole way and required spikes, but it just made for a better adventure.

Scott and I on top of Grandeur Peak

Yeah, we were within a quarter mile of the trailhead. Awesome.

Scott wearing Altra Lone Peaks in front of Lone Peak, their namesake.

At the end of the week Matt and I headed to St George to work on a collaborative project with Altra Zero Drop. We're hoping this will be a long term project. I can't' give anything away about it just yet, but you'll find out soon enough. All I can say right now is that we had so much fun that I hardly even know how to explain it. What I will say is that in the midst of all of that me, Matt, and Seth were able to get out for an early morning run in the St George desert. It took longer than expected, but can you blame us with all of the beautiful cliffs and canyons surrounding us? Here are a few pics of us on top of a cliff above Ivans, at the mouth of Snow Canyon.



2 comments:

Matt said...

Stellar week with some awesome runs!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are having way too much fun. Next time take your old MUM.