Thursday, December 27, 2012

Injured, But Not Out

So I've been dealing with a nagging foot injury for the last few weeks. I fear it could be a stress fracture right in the middle of my foot. It is definitely getting better, but it hurts to run on pavement or flat, hard dirt. Good thing I rarely run anything flat and all of the dirt is covered in a blanket of snow. I've also been taking a lot of time off. I'm only trying to get out once or twice a week and mostly to hike, something that doesn't hurt my foot. My last two outings have been amazing - Mt Olympus and Lake Mountain. Both were in considerable snow with the latter being done in a near blizzard. I was out with good friends and in the mountains, so there was never a moment when I didn't want to be there. Here are some photos from these past two forays.

Mt Olympus
 Matt W on the way up.

 Jeremy Howlett and Aaron W summitting

 Matt W on the summit

Matt navigating the coulior ice and slick snow

Lake Mountain
 Jeremy running on the way up

 Aaron and Mindy nearing the summit in a blizzard

 Scott and Matt still happy in the blasting wind

My knees are covered in snow because that is how deep it got at times. So awesome.

No comments: