Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dawn Patrol 7/22

Let me begin with discussing last evenings efforts.

I went up to LCC after work and attempted to climb. It had been overcast and temperate all day. Yet, as soon as I was out of the car and at the rocks the clouds parted and the temperature jumped by about 15 degrees. Long story short, sending pretty much anything was out.

After about 30 minutes of throwing my sweaty palms at the rock I finally gave up and decided to go for a run up the lcc pipeline trail.

I had never really been trail running before, but I can say with certainty now that this is my favorite way to run now. It was such a pleasure. As I'm nursing a bit of a pulled hamstring I didn't run very far so I kept it to about 2 miles, but it sure was fun.

This morning the regular DP crew headed up to the Hidden Forest: me, Jami, Steve, and Ian. Unfortunately, none of us were overly motivated and so we kept to the moderates and easy stuff. It was still a good time none-the-less.

I find that I am generally happier starting my day prior to 6am. I never thought I would have said that.

No comments: